Monday, March 16, 2009

from the Zumba Instructors Network

I want to share part of my Zumba Instructors Network (ZIN) March 2009 newsletter...

"Dear ZIN Member,

With the world in midst of chaos, people are turning to Zumba for an escape. For one hour, they choose to forget, dissolve their worries, get rid of their frown lines and replace them with smiles. They choose us to reenergize, revamp, and restore faith in their lives. They choose to feel the music as opposed to feeling their daily struggles. They choose Zumba.

The title Zumba Fitness Instructor now goes beyond teaching. We have been charged with the responsibility of not only educating, but giving our students something to look forward to amidst all their struggles. We must be present. This is the time to step up our role and become indispensable in our student’s lives. It is not enough to merely show up and teach a Zumba Fitness class; it is our duty to take them to that OTHER place; that magical land of Zumba where nothing else exists but music and movement, where the only thing that matters is the moment, where an uncontrollable surge of life revitalizes your mind, body and soul. This is our obligation. Our students come to us to feel alive.



Yours in Zumba,

The Zumba Staff"


WOW!

I truly hope my Zumba class gives you a place where you can let loose and have fun. Sometimes while I'm teaching I catch a glance at yall laughing, smiling and having a good time. That means so much to me and makes me have more fun too!

Once again I just like to say thanks for coming to class and doing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment