Monday, August 17, 2009

this week in Zumba

ZUMBA MUSIC THIS WEEK:
• Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday: smorgasbord

I decided to mix it up this week and do a little of everything. I had so much fun on Tuesday with random music I figured that we'd go back to the old format.

And... it looks like Monday is GLOW STICK DAY!


I'm gonna bring out the glow sticks! It's SO gloomy and rainy out today. We need a pick-me-up.


Low-Calorie Cocktails
Summer is almost over!!!

One of my fav summer drinks is the Cuban mojito.

Here is a low cal makeover from fitness magazine. I made an edit. They had Splenda syrup instead of simple syrup. (Make your own by dissolving 2 packets of Splenda into an ounce of water). Or purchase Da Vinci's Sugar Free Sweetener Syrup (available on amazon.com). Well... I changed it to Agave syrup. It's NATURAL!!!

Mojito Makeover
2 ounces light rum
1 ounce Agave syrup
1 ounce lime juice
7 mint leaves

Splash of club soda
In a shaker, muddle mint leaves and a lime wedge. Add ice and other ingredients and shake. Pour into tall glass and top with soda.
Calories: 140

Yumm... I have some fresh mint in the fridge just WAITING to be in a mojito.

No comments:

Post a Comment