Monday, May 18, 2009

this week in ZUMBA

I posted on December 8th that the Dance Flick was coming out in February. Well it's FINALLY coming out on the 22nd. I think I'm going to go see it, but I haven't seen X-men or Star Trek and Terminator come out also. Too many movies to see!


So silly!

Also, I'm officially ZUMBA Level II certified! It was a long workshop (9a - 6p). By 4p we we're losing steam. There were about 15 of us and I got lots of ideas for class. When I went home I set aside 40+ new songs to choreograph! Some of them are song I've been meaning to get to, others are some I've been too afraid to try. I doubt I'll ever get to all of them because I'm always hearing new stuff and there are already 80+ songs that we do already. Did you know that we knew that many routines? Well you do!

I learned some new belly dancing, flamenco and samba moves to add onto some new songs. I learned some tango too. Long ago in my Hallmark class I did a tango, but I took it off of my list. Now I'm going to re-choreograph it. I've also wanted to do a soul train line and other things in class. But I've been too nervous to do them. Now with my new training I'm more confident to do more fun stuff. But how can my class be any more funner?!? Watch out!!!

CD... I learned in my workshop that I can't make a ZUMBA CD to sell. The music ZUMBA gives me is licensed for me to use for class, and I can't share it with others. I'm not even supposed to be using other music for class even if I purchase it. Like, iTunes purchases are for personal use only. However lots of the remixes I use are from my husband. Since he's a DJ he explained to me that those remixes are free so they are ok. It's complicated - licenses on uses of music. Long story short I won't be making a Zumba CD of the music I use in class for you guys to buy. I can't give it to you either. So just check the side bar for my iTunes list.

This week in class:
Monday and Wednesday: last week's hip-hop and R&B set
• Tuesday: last week's Latin / Indian set

1 comment: