Monday, July 28, 2008


oatmeal muffins

This is my 2nd batch of oatmeal muffins. The first time I put 1 tsp. of baking powder instead of 1 tbsp.! So the 1st batch didn't rise. These came out WAY better! So yummy... 10 seconds in the microwave for a quick breakfast.

recipe from 500 Cupcakes (with some edits from me...)

. 2 cups all-purpose flour
. 1 cup packed brown sugar
. 1 tbsp baking powder
. 1 tsp cinnamon
. 1/3 cup wheat bran
. 1/3 cup rolled oats
. pinch of salt
. 2 cups buttermilk (I used soy)
. 2 lightly beaten eggs
. 3/4 cup vegetable oil
. 1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan (I used cups).

In a med bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a spoon. In a large bowl, beat the milk, eggs, and oil with an electric mixer until combined. I added a squirt of agave nectar to make it a little sweeter.

Add the dry ingredients and stir until almost blended. Fold in the raisins.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 min. Remove pan from the oven and cool for 5 min. Then remove the muffins and cool on a rack.

Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.

Makes 1 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment