Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE


PERFORMANCE NIGHT

Uhmmm, I don’t remember the couple that got kicked off So You Think You Can Dance last week because the news kept talking about this dumb storm and the show didn’t air. Plus they (Rayven and Jamie) were the 1st performance last week and I missed it coming home from Zumba class. But from the recap their hip-hop wasn't good.

Ok. I think I’ve chosen my picks to win season 4 after tonight’s performance.

I think a guy is going to win this season because the majority of them are so strong and the girls aren’t doing much for me.

My #1 pick is b-boy Joshua. He did hip-hop last week and his Broadway was great! However, I don’t think that a Broadway performance is too far removed from the showmanship of break dancing. But remember, in the auditions he did some fancy foot move that Debbie Allen was swooning over. So Joshua got skills. He’s definitely in if he passes a ballroom or contemporary test next week.

I’d like to compare Joshua to Twitch. They are both b-boys and Twitch performed well in Broadway last week and his lines were nice in the waltz tonight. But I don’t think Twitch has that special something that Joshua has. Sure he’s tall and handsome and America loves him because he didn’t make it last year, I think Joshua has one up on Twitch.

And I must say that I like contemporary dancer Mark. I was SO MAD that that picked him over that young black guy to be on the show. I was like, “this dude is SO GOOFY!” But I think he’s a wonderful performer and he always keeps intense eye contact with his partner.


Ok… the girls.

Susie was called a street salsa dancer. OUCH! Well, her salsa tonight wasn’t good. There was no cha-cha in her cha-cha! She shouldn’t made the show anyway. She’s not that hot and I personally think her pink extensions are tacky. Oh well, she’ll be on the chopping block tomorrow.

Kherington’s smile is lovely. But she’s a dime a dozen.







The only girls I care for are contemporary dance Katee and Couurtney G.

I mean damn, Katee almost didn’t make it and she’s dancing her heart out! She’s so passionate when she dances. It’s real. And I just love her with Joshua.





Couurtney G. is trained in lyrical, tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical and hip hop. So she should be able to handle anything. The disco wasn’t memorable last week. But I enjoyed her performance tonight. Her facial expression were lovely, but other than that I can’t recall much. So Katee stands out to me more.

We’ll see who gets kicked off tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment