Monday, January 30, 2012

this week in ZUMBA

Today is day 15 of the 21-day Crazy Sexy Diet and I've lost 2 pounds.

Other than my small weight loss and some inches lost, not much has changed from last week's report. But, I can't believe how easy it's been to stay away from coffee and sweet treats.

Seven more days to go and let's see if I can keep it up after that!

KALE CHIPS
Over the weekend I made some kale chips.

I followed this basic recipe as a guide. There are so many variations out there. This is my take on it.

Ingredients
1/2 a bag of Trader Joe's cleaned and ready to cook kale
1 tablespoon of Trader Joe's garlic olive oil
1 teaspoon of seasoning mix = smoked paprika, Greek vegetable seasoning and Kosher salt

Directions
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.

Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning mix. I like to do a portion at a time and mix in a bowl with my hands.

Place the kale mix in one even layer onto the cookie sheet. If there is too much kale the bottom layer will not get crisp.

Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.

ENJOY!

• • •

MUSIC THIS WEEK
Hip-hop, Latin, pop, belly dancing, and more... all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment