Monday, May 3, 2010

this week in Zumba

THIS WEEK'S MUSIC
HAPPY MAY!


I've been working on some new routines and I'll be slowly introducing them into class.

• Monday, 5:30p = mix 1
• Monday, 6:45p = mix 2
• Wednesday, 5:30p = mix 2


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

ZUMBA TESTIMONY

Johnathon came to my Zumba class in the beginning of December and he has lost 80 pounds!


He and his boyfriend Chris (who has lost 60 pounds) exercise 5-6 times a week with Zumba, Jonetta's Poolside and 4 mile walks and runs with their dogs. Johnathon also sits on an ab ball at his desk during his day job.

Johnathon says,
"Doing Zumba in your class makes me and everyone else feel good about themselves no matter what age or body type. This whole experience has driven me to want to become a Zumba instructor as well.

After always being a fat kid and never being able to be active because of chronic bronchitis, allergies, and asthma. I couldn't even do the mile run in school; I always walked. I had given up on being fit. I would lose weight and gain and at one point got down pretty far, but I never really identified the answer to the most important question: why am I fat?

Well I found out why. My family, and I mean my whole family, has some type of weight issue. My mom and aunt are diabetic, my grandma used to be bulimic, and they all are overweight or obese. Why is there such an issue with weight and health? Its all in the mind and attitude.

I want to become a Zumba instructor so I may share these gifts with others who are struggling with the same self-disdain that burdened me for so very long."

Johnathon always makes me smile and giggle in class with his energy and extra flava he puts into it. I am so excited to know that my Zumba class kicked of his road to fitness and that I inspire him to share the gift of Zumba with others!

Congratulations Johnathon!!!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    jonathon - congratulations! you look great!

    jeanee - i'm back! let's get it in! ;)

    -teresa

    ReplyDelete