Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 18


I must say that I'm glad tappers Bianca and Phillip are gone from So You Think You Can Dance. I feel bad that Phillip's dad just died. But Bianca's big 'ole club feet and long chicken legs were just not getting it. Her partner Victor has more feminine legs than she does!

I LOVE having Adam Shankman as a judge. I believe he's permanent. I cracks me up with his comments. First he's all gaga over the ladies and then he turns around and is all about the gays.

Ok... performances. Noelle and Russell dancing with the tennis rackets. Uhm.. why?

I couldn't take my eyes off Nathan in that Bollywood number. He's just dreamy in that young sweet teen way. I can see the young girls just falling over him. He needs to be a little teen model. And I just can't stand Mollee. The judges were right saying she's like a little puppy just running around. I don't think she dances mature at all.

And that samba with Channing and Phillip was just painful. My husband and I could of done just as well after a day of practice!

I'm not going to go off on Napp-Crap today. (ugh!!!) I thought that routine to "Ice Cream Paint Job" was lame. They are always so literal! The song is about a car so let's make Kevin into a motorcycle and have Karen pretend like she's driving him... (Yeah that's real creative! - NOT).

Legacy did do very well in the contemporary. The judges almost made me cry on their commentary of him. But I feel like the choreographer played on his b-boy style by making him do his tricks. I felt the routine was very much like when Hok did the Hummingbird.

And what the hell was Wade thinking with all of those props and crap on the screen for that Van Gogh routine?!? I thought it was so distracting!

Also, I rewatched the tango with Ellenore and Ryan. Her dress was stuck in that heal for like 80% of the routine. Crazy...

I think Pauline or Channing are the next girls to go. And Peter or Victor are the next boys to go.

Here is the music from the Top 18 show.

3 comments:

  1. I also thought the Van Gogh thing was VERY distracting! With the new set and stage, they are trying to rely on it too much. I think they should save all that prop stuff for the tour. My fave part of the night was when Adam Shankman fell off his chair after Karen's performance! Laughed out loud when he did that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when Adam Shankman fell off his chair after Karen's performance too! Then he talks about how he knows how it is when your dress gets stuck in your heal.

    He's my friend in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Adam's friend in my head too :)

    And I also go to happy hour every few weeks with Mia Michaels in my head!

    ReplyDelete