Monday, August 10, 2009

this week in ZUMBA

ZUMBA MUSIC THIS WEEK:
• Monday and Wednesday: Latin / Indian
• Tuesday: hip-hop / R&B / pop



ANOTHER DANCE SHOW!
So You Think You Can Dance just ended last week. And now MTV's America's Best Dance Crew (ABDC), Season 4 started on Sunday! Oh my... MORE dancing to watch. And... with SYTYCD starting back up on Sept. 9 I'm going to have to watch TWO dance shows! Thank goodnedd ABDC changed their night from Thursday to Sunday!

P.S. There is a SYTYCD Top Dances special Wed. Sept. 2.


I've briefly talked about ABDC on this blog, but I've watched it religiously for the past three seasons seasons now. I just like to inform you guys on the dance shows out there.

And I must say I always find it interesting that chorographer Shane Sparks is a judge on ABDC and a chorographer for SYTYCD and he NEVER mentions that some of the ABDC contestants were former SYTYCD contestants.

Last year's ABDC winners were Quest Crew. Two of the members were Hok (who did the awesome hummingbird and flower dance) and Dominic -- both from SYTYCD season 3.


On this year's ABDC there is SYTYCD season 2 contestant Donyelle. She has her own group called Artistry in Motion.


Of course I have to say who I think is going to win this year's ABDC. I think it's going to be between Rhythm City and Massive Monkees.



I think they are trying to show new dance styles this year by having unique groups. You got the gays and transgendered doing vogue (Vogue Evolution , and the Latin crew (AfroBorike). It'll be neat to see what they do, but I think they won't last long 'cause I think both groups are sloppy. And you have Southern Movement with is supposed to be country hip-hop... uh, I think they just made that up as a gimmick to stand out. And DC's Beat Ya Feet Kings are supposed to have fancy go-go foot work... uhm, what ev. Artistry In Motion are trying to be too technical dancy -- this is a street dance competition. And that Amazon girl in We Are Heroes just distracts me from the whole group.

I understand why Fr3sh got kicked because they were too much like the other boy/girl Asian groups in the past. Even though they were trying SO HARD not to be. But what they were doing we've all seen before. And I feel that the theme of season 4 of ABDC is diversity. I fell bad for them though.

Hope you watch the show! Let's see if I'm right on the two finalists!

No comments:

Post a Comment