Monday, January 26, 2009

a healthy snack

I LOVE popcorn! I saw this recipe in Fitness magazine as a healthy snack.

If you eat more than one serving is it still healthy?




INGREDIENTS
2 tsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tbs. very finely grated pecorino Romano cheese
1 100-calorie bag microwave popcorn
Black pepper

DIRECTIONS
In a small skillet, saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Make popcorn according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and cheese. Drizzle in the garlic and oil, sprinkle with black pepper, and toss well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl I was in your class this past week at Scott and asked you about your songs. I can't remember the names of the cool down song, and the song that's in the middle with the isolations section in it. Thanks and I am officially addicted to Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!

    isolation song: "You'll Find a Way" - Santogold
    cool down song: "Beautiful" - Me'Shell Ndegeocello

    I'm glad your addicted to my class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanee. I just posted a reply to your comment on my blog. I feel badly and I think I should give your favourite sugar cookies another chance.

    As for popcorn, I bought my wife the Whirley-Pop stovetop popcorn popper for Christmas. It's quite amazing how it tastes nearly identically to theatre popcorn. And it'd be easy to try this recipe with it too.

    ReplyDelete